Archive for category: Francesca
I can gladly say that for the past few days I’ve been taking my brand new Francesca Miranda Bridal collection to the eyes of the bridal lovers in New York and Dallas, TX.
As my son Francisco humorously says #FrancescaMirandaFever has happily taken over the bridal world with my new collection. I am grateful for all the great responses I’ve recieved for all the work and art behind them.
Those Francesca Miranda Bridal dresses were made to make you all VERY happy!
Since I’ve been living here for 27 years, and my husband and my kids are Barranquilleros, I can say I am a proud daughter of this city. Barranquilla is turning 200 years old this Sunday, and we are throwing the house out of the window!
I need to remark the things that personally, amuse me the most:
You can find a great variety of flavors and cultures. Natives and inmigrants have enriched the local cuisine, making it exotic and delicious…
Barranquilla must be the most open-to-the-foreign in the world! We are so used to receiving people from other nationalities, that our arms are always wide open for them and to anyone who wants to visit our house…
I love everything about these flowers… they are beautiul and colorful. And they are all around the city!
4. It’s near the sea…
Who doesn’t want to live in a city near the sea? Barranquilla is 15 minutes away … a great getaway for anytime you need to get sunkissed
Barranquilla’s Carnival is THE EVENT of the year in Colombia, and it might be a cliché to say that is one of my favorite things… but I just enjoy it from head to toe every time!
The Academy Awards’s Red Carpet paralizes the fashion world and has a special spot on every fashionista’s agenda. That’s no secret, and Francesca Miranda knows it so well that she decided to share it with the audience, hosting a fun event, with her daughter Daniella Jassir and recognized colombian fashion editor Juan Carlos Giraldo.
The stars that made it to the list -because of their style, or lack of it- according to the designer and her panel, were:
TOP 5 – Best Dressed:
5. Amanda Seyfried, in Alexander Mc.Queen: She could have been one on the top of the list, but she had a confection faux pass under her left arm, which led her to the bottom of this Best Dressed list.
4. Jeniffer Lawrence, in Dior: Perfect, spectacular. But too safe. She could have taken more risks.
3. Jessica Chastain, in Armani : The color, the texture, the fit… everything was on favor of this redhair. She was amazing, but was surpassed by…
2. Charlize Theron, in Dior: Total eclipse on the Red Carpet. Besides looking amazing in the sculptural white dress from the House of Dior, she was wearing the best accesorie a woman can have on. ATTITUDE.
1. Naomi Watts, in Armani Privé: She had every element to get a place in the Hall of Fame of stunning looks on the Red Carpet of Francesca Miranda: Beauty, Style, Elegance, Sex Appeal, Glamour and Originality. Simply perfect.
TOP 3 – Worst Dressed:
3. Kelly Rowland: She could have done it better. She looked bigger that she is, and was an unflattering shape for her legs.
2. Melissa McCarthy: Wrong silhouette, color and hair… She could have gotten some advice from Octavia Spener.
1. Anne Hathaway: The big yawn of the night. Nothing else to say…
Francesca’s home city, Barranquilla, prepares for the greatest carnival celebration in Colombia: Carnaval de Barraquilla. As a proud barranquillera, Francesca has styled her atelier and stores with the Bicentenario Theme… even the little Tabaco is ready for the party!
One of Francesca Miranda’s passions is the home and living decoration, to the point that every Flag Ship Store has her own taste and personality printed.
That’s why she wants to begin a new project, telling her personal decoration tips… even showing us a bit of her own house!
Stay tuned, that this is going to be pretty useful, tasteful and fun!